Cycle Tuition – Children’s Improvers
This class is for children who can consistently pedal 10 metres without help and without stabilisers. Our aim on this course is to teach each attendee the basic skills they need to enjoy cycling safely in a fun environment.
We will teach the following skills: (subject to timing and progress)
– understanding safety equipment and clothing including helmet
– carry out a simple bike check
– steer the bike properly and make it go where they want
– brake properly and smoothly, without skidding
– look all around while cycling
– control the bike with one hand
– cycle with consideration for other people including vulnerable pedestrians, dogs, etc
– react safely to emergencies and maintain control of the bike
All ages are welcome, we normally recommend from the age of 4 upwards. We aim for a ratio of one instructor to three / four learners.
More sessions will be available October half term. These classes will take place in Victoria Common, Northfield.
You will need a roadworthy bike to take part and we request that all participants wear a helmet. Bike hire is also available for attendees but is limited, please let us if you need to hire a bike at time of booking. Children must be accompanied by an adult. These classes are free for those in the move more eat well area however there is a £5 registration fee the first time you book, this is to deter no-shows.
The group cycling instruction class is free of charge, but please consider making a donation to ecobirmingham to support the running costs of Cycle South Brum.
For more information or to book a session contact us on 0121 448 0119 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Cycling FunSummer holiday events and activities for children to get them off their stabilisers, gain confidence, ride their bikes and even learn to maintain them. Read more