We will be running regular group cycling tuition classes in Northfield and Longbridge. Children aged 4 and over are welcome. Donations welcome.
- Learn to ride, for children who cannot yet pedal without help or without stabilisers
6th April 2016, 4.30pm, Victoria Common, click here to book.
13th April 2016, 2pm, Victoria Common, click here to book.
- Improvers, for children who can consistently pedal 10 metres without help and without stabilisers – click here.
There is a £5 registration fee the first time you book, this is to deter no-shows.
Join our mailing list to be kept informed
Please note that our classes are usually over-subscribed. We will put on more dates and hope to accommodate everyone who needs tuition.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Our aim on this course is to teach each attendee the basic competences they need in order to enjoy cycling safely. including:
– understanding safety equipment and clothing including helmet
– carry out a simple bike check
– get on and off the bike without help
– pedal without help and stop without help
– make the bike go where they want
– use gears, where present
– manoeuvre safely to avoid objects.
You will need a roadworthy bike to take part in this course, with lights where appropriate. We do not recommend the use of stabilisers for children as they are not the best way to help the child to learn the necessary skills. We request that all participants wear a helmet. If your child has a bike with stabilisers please click here for more information.
The group cycling instruction class is free of charge, but please consider making a donation to Northfield Ecocentre to support the running costs of Cycle South Brum.