Cycle Tuition – Children’s Improvers
This class is for children who can consistently pedal 10 metres without help and without stabilisers. Our aim on this course is to teach each attendee the basic skills they need to enjoy cycling safely in a fun environment.
We will teach the following skills: (subject to timing and progress)
– understanding safety equipment and clothing including helmet
– carry out a simple bike check
– steer the bike properly and make it go where they want
– brake properly and smoothly, without skidding
– look all around while cycling
– control the bike with one hand
– cycle with consideration for other people including vulnerable pedestrians, dogs, etc
– react safely to emergencies and maintain control of the bike
All ages are welcome, we normally recommend from the age of 4 upwards. We aim for a ratio of one instructor to three / four learners.
Half Term – Considering the current virus situation we are, at the moment postponing all group sessions. We are monitoring the situation closely and will keep our website/social media updated with new dates as soon as we are advised it is completely safe to do so. Thank you for your understanding during this time, please rest assured we are taking all necessary precautions to keep staff and visitors safe.
Keep up to date via our social media pages. Facebook and Twitter.
You will need a roadworthy bike to take part and we request that all participants wear a helmet. Bike hire is also available for attendees but is limited, please let us if you need to hire a bike at time of booking. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
*There is a £5 session fee, this is for the cycling tuition and to support the running costs of Cycle South Brum. If you are on a low income or struggling with the cost of the course please get in touch to see how we can help. firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to book a session contact us on 0121 448 0119 or email: email@example.com