Cycle Tuition – Children’s Improvers
This class is for children who can consistently pedal 10 metres without help and without stabilisers. Our aim on this course is to teach each attendee the basic skills they need to enjoy cycling safely in a fun environment.
We will teach the following skills: (subject to timing and progress)
– understanding safety equipment and clothing including helmet
– carry out a simple bike check
– steer the bike properly and make it go where they want
– brake properly and smoothly, without skidding
– look all around while cycling
– control the bike with one hand
– cycle with consideration for other people including vulnerable pedestrians, dogs, etc
– react safely to emergencies and maintain control of the bike
All ages are welcome, we normally recommend from the age of 4 upwards. We aim for a ratio of one instructor to three / four learners.