Life Cyclers is a new free 8 week course for people over 40 who are registered at Hall Green Health in South Birmingham looking to improve fitness and health.
Get fitter, feel healthier, discover your local area and gain confidence riding a bike.
In order to be eligible for this course you need to be registered to Hall Green Health and referred through a 40+ health check.
Register for your free 40+ check here or ask your GP.
What to expect
- Your GP will refer you to this course.
- Sessions will run from Hall Green Health, 979 Stratford Road, Hall Green. B28 8BG
- At the beginning of each session we will check your resting heart rate. (Your heart rate is the number of times your heart beats per minute. A normal heart rate is between 60 and 100 beats per minute while you’re resting.)
- A ‘Dr Bike’ bicycle MOT for your bike on week one of the course to ensure bikes are safe and working properly.
- Don’t have a bike? We have a selection of bikes you can borrow for the sessions.
- Weekly led bike rides over the course, with the distance increasing every week. The routes will include a few small roads but will be mostly off-road using cycle paths and local parks.
- A route-finding session to help you find suitable routes to the main places you visit, without having to use busy main roads.
- Meet new people and enjoy a social bike ride!
For more information or any queries contact ecobirmingham on 0121 448 0119 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org